103-year-old Granny Sets Record For World’s Oldest Parachuter
Wait, what? What did I just see? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No. Of course not. It’s 103-year-old Rut Larsson. What? How the hell did she do that? It’s magic and her power of determination.
Granny Sets Record For World’s Oldest Parachuter. Rut Larsson is a 103-year-old Swedish grandmother who just became the oldest person in the world to complete a tandem parachute jump. She once again proved age is just a number.
It’s not the first time. She tried out paragliding and ballooning during her 90s. Then, she did her first parachute jump when she was 101. The same year, Kathryn Hodges, another powerful old lady, became the oldest person to complete a parachute jump. After that, Rut’s sportswoman spirit rushed. she wanted to break Kathryn’s record.
“There was an American woman who beat the record so I had to beat hers,” Rut said.
Without hesitating, she gathered her family, friends, and a Guinness Book of Records judge on an airfield in Motala, Sweden. Then, she completed a parachute jump with parachutist Joackim Johansson.
“Nowadays I don’t see so well, but it felt good,” she said when asked what she saw during her jump.
They landed on the ground smoothly. After the thrilling experience, Rut said she liked “that you slowly glide down from above, I think it feels nice.”
At the time of her jump, Rut was 103 years and 259 days old. She beat the previous record of 103 years and 181 days. To celebrate this great achievement, she immediately got a Guinness Book of Records certificate proving her status. She was so happy to sit and pose for all the press.
“It was wonderful to do this, I’ve been thinking about it for a long time. It all went as planned,” Larsson said.
- “I Don’t Let It Hold Me Back.” Brave and Skillful Mother With No Hands Takes Care of Her Daughter, Becomes Inspiration
- World’s Largest Carbon Removal Facility: “Project Bison” Will Remove 5 Megatons of CO2 Per Year by 2030
- UK Couple Find Incredible Stash Of Gold Coins Worth $288,000 Buried Under Their Kitchen Floor.
- Jaw-dropping scientific victory! Conjoined twins with fused brains separated with the help of virtual reality
- Quarter-Million Pounds Of Plastic Waste Removed From Great Pacific Garbage Patch