Instacart delivery driver Follows Gut Instinct and ends up Saving 2 Lives
Instacart’s rules are clear: Drivers are not to enter customers’ homes while delivering their food.
She usually follows these rules to a T, but during a recent delivery, Jessica Higgs had a nagging feeling that something wasn’t right. She was bringing groceries to an older man that had been purchased by his daughter. Jessica usually placed the bags on the porch, rang the doorbell, and drove away. That day, she couldn’t do it.
“Something was telling me, ‘No, you gotta help this man out,’” Jessica said in a TikTok video that has since gone viral.
According to her, the person who opened the door didn’t look well, so when he asked her to bring the bags inside, she broke protocol and entered his kitchen. Upon entering the room, she noticed a propane tank and felt dizzy immediately.
As she got in her car, she decided not to complete the order right away. She messaged the man’s daughter to tell her, “He’s not doing good. He’s sick.” The woman said she would send her son right over to check on him.
Jessica woke up the next morning to find that the woman had changed her Instacart tip from $14 to $100! In addition, she left a 5-star review and a comment. Jessica’s gut instincts had been correct: The man’s house had a propane leak, but he wasn’t aware of it.
“You definitely saved my dad and my younger son’s life,” the woman wrote.
It made Jessica feel so much better to know that the niggling feeling in her head had been there for a very good reason!
“I’m just an Instacart worker, but if you see something, say something,” she said. Naturally, dozens of commenters were quick to remind Jessica that she’s anything but “just an Instacart worker” — she’s a hero!
A huge applaud to Jessica for listening to her inner voice and checking on this man! It’s so important to check in on other people if they need help. You never know when you’ll be in the perfect position to help someone!
Share this wonderful story with others.
- “I Don’t Let It Hold Me Back.” Brave and Skillful Mother With No Hands Takes Care of Her Daughter, Becomes Inspiration
- World’s Largest Carbon Removal Facility: “Project Bison” Will Remove 5 Megatons of CO2 Per Year by 2030
- UK Couple Find Incredible Stash Of Gold Coins Worth $288,000 Buried Under Their Kitchen Floor.
- Jaw-dropping scientific victory! Conjoined twins with fused brains separated with the help of virtual reality
- Quarter-Million Pounds Of Plastic Waste Removed From Great Pacific Garbage Patch